Code Of Conduct For Students
Gyansthali expects their students to show full respect to the whole school community at all times and to value school buildings, grounds and property.
- Students need to attend school regularly & punctually.
- Every student should bring his/her Almanac to school every day.
- Students should be habitually clean and always neatly dressed. Students who are not in proper uniform will not be allowed to enter their classroom.
- Changing of class rooms between periods should be done in silence and in an orderly manner.
- No student is allowed to leave the class or school premises during school hours without the permission of the Principal.
- Running in corridors is strictly prohibited. Students are advised not to linger about in corridor after period/break.
- All school property must be taken care. No students should scratch or spoil the desks or chairs or damage any school furniture or write or draw anything on the walls.
- Any damage caused by the students will be made good by the concerned student/students along with a fine imposed on him/her for the same
- The school has banned to bring valuable articles viz. expensive watches, mobile, cameras, and calculators to the school.
- The conduct of every student should be polite and courteous no matter wherever they are. They should always remember that the school is judged by their conduct.
- Students must greet their teachers when they meet them. Bullying and use of abusive language are punishable offences.
- Observance of disciplinary rules of the school and good behaviour are essential conditions for a student’s continuance at the school.
- The school insists on the maintenance of strict discipline. Any child who violates the set of rules of the school discipline will not be allowed to attend the school.
- Laboratory Breakages: In case of deliberate laboratory damage, the students will have to pay the cost of the equipment’s damages, along with a penalty of 10% of the cost of the damaged items.
- General Breakage: For all damaged to the furniture and fixture the students will have to pay the actual cost of the article damaged along with a penalty of 10% of the cost of damaged items. Such damages will mean serious action against the student.
- It is compulsory to have 85% attendance. Students falling short of 85% attendance will not be allowed to take any school Exam/ Board Exam.
The school reserves the right to suspend, dismiss a student if he / she does not follow to the student’s code of conduct. Acts of indiscipline as listed below will be severely dealt with:-
- Coming late to school regularly.
- Staying away from classes, morning assembly or other activities.
- Misusing school property, scribbling on walls, furniture, and toilet walls etc.
- Copying or seeking help in the examination hall.
- Mishandling laboratory and class equipment.
For any deed of misconduct/indiscipline, the student will be warned once, second time parents will be called and third repetition will call for dismissal/suspension of the student from the school.
Rules For Withdrawal
- One month’s notice in writing or a month’s fee in lieu of notice should be given before a pupil can be withdrawn.
- Transfer Certificate will be issued after the settlement of all school dues.
- Student can be asked to leave the school on either disciplinary grounds or on account of unsatisfactory progress in their work.
- Any student who fails twice in the same class will not be permitted to continue at school.
- When a withdrawal takes place due to the above reasons. The question of charging a month’s fee in lieu of notice does not arise.